Founded in Santa Barbara, California, SecureDocs, Inc. provides SaaS business solutions that are highly secure, easily adopted, and affordable to any type or size of business, with customers across 122 countries. We are now entering an ambitious growth phase, and are looking for a Senior or Lead Product UX Designer for ContractWorks, our web-based, AI-driven contract management solution.
At SecureDocs, we deliver smart B2B products with the heart and soul of a consumer product. Our product team is highly collaborative and supportive, where design is a full partner with product management and engineering. The team is small but growing quickly, and this position has the opportunity to grow into a leadership role for the right candidate – and because we’re small, this is also a unique opportunity to have broad, meaningful impact on a product helping thousands of people get their jobs done every day.
The Senior/Lead Product Designer leads cross-functional product teams through all phases of the product design process, from research, design strategy, concepting and prototyping, into execution, launch, analysis and iteration.
Since you're a great senior-level product designer:
- You’ve worked closely with a cross-functional team as a UX designer, interaction designer, or product designer to create digital products that actually shipped, understand the real-world tradeoffs that go into shipping great products, and have experienced how products evolve over time.
- You are a systems thinker with strong interaction design skills – you have the ability to think holistically, through complex flows and across multiple user types, processes, and channels.
- You know that simple and easy is easy, but as a designer, you’ve gone beyond that, taking on difficult and complex problems, and addressing them with user experiences that are simple, intuitive, and accessible.
- You have experience facilitating problem-solving conversations and applying research, testing, and user insights to solve problems and drive decisions about the user experience.
- You are flexible about the techniques used to communicate your designs and ensure they’re well-executed – you’ve created user flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes, and are able to adapt to different tools, whether it’s Figma, InVision, Zeplin, Sketch, or just a bunch of markers and a whiteboard – whatever it takes to get the idea across.
- You’ve worked with design systems to drive consistency and quality, and know when to use patterns and when it’s time to reimagine them.
- You are able to clearly communicate and articulate the reasoning behind your decisions and how you’ll know if those choices were successful.
- You love to formulate hypotheses, try new things, learn, and continuously improve – whether it’s products or the way you make them.
At SecureDocs, Inc., our team represents the spirit of our company: innovative, agile, and committed to fulfilling the needs of our customers. Our employees come from a variety of experiences and backgrounds, each with a unique set of skills and talents that align with our overall mission of providing simple, smart document management solutions. We place our customers above all else, and each team member is committed to providing solutions that anticipate the needs of our clients. Our company culture rests on a foundation of flexibility, autonomy, and success.
SecureDocs, Inc can offer you:
- A small, collaborative, flexible, and resourceful team with lots of opportunities to grow, explore, and try new things.
- A fun, dog-friendly workplace, located near UC Santa Barbara and some of the world’s best beaches
- Fully paid health plan, including medical, dental, vision, and EAP
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Generous equity package
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Generous paid time off and every other Friday off in summer
- ...and a manager and coworkers who have lives outside of work and want you to have one too.
We’re proud of the team we’ve assembled, and if you think you’d like to be a part of what we’re building, then we would love to hear from you!
Interested? Please send an email with the subject “Product Designer” to email@example.com explaining why you’re a great fit for this role, and attach a current resume and a link to your online portfolio. In your portfolio submission, for each example provided, be sure to clearly state your role and the customer problem your design was intended to solve.